Location: New York City
Types of work: Façade restoration, roofing, waterproofing, cornice replacement
The University Club is registered with the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission as a Landmarks building. It is a nine story building on the corner of 54th Street and Fifth Avenue. Designed by Charles Kim, William Mead, and Stanford White.
The fašade is a Milford Pink Granite, erected in 1899, in an Italian Renaissance Palazzo style. It is the most imposing clubhouse among the city's prestigious social clubs.
Nicholson and Galloway performed a 3.5 million dollar fašade restoration and roofing project over a 2 year period. Fašade restoration involved, re-pointing, cleaning, stone replacement, structural rehabilitation of granite balconies, steel replacement, cornice repair with new roof assembly, terrace bridge removal, repair and rebuild, terrace roof repairs and reroofing, ornate window and railing painting. The project was successfully completed in 2006.
Contruction Manager: Gorton Associates
Owner's Representative: Peter Gisolfi
Architect: Raible Associates
Engineers: Robert Silman
General Restoration Contractor: Nicholson & Galloway Inc.
Painting: H&S Environmental
Cast Stone Studio: Metropole
Scaffold: York Scafford